Concealed Weapons Permit Class for Rock Hill, Chester, Lancaster, Fort Mill, York, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and all of South Carolina.
$75.00 Per Person
We Provide Gun, Ammo, Safety Equipment, and all Classroom Materials. You Just Show Up.
$40.00 For Ex-Military and Ex-Police Separate Class
              Learn Gun Safety, Home Safety, and Carry Safety.

Concealed Weapons Permit Class for Rock Hill, Chester, Lancaster, Fort Mill, York, Tega Cay, Lake Wy

  Gift Certificates are Available on this website.

My name is Tim Walling and the name of my company is SC Legal Carry LLC. My certifications include NRA Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor ,and SLED Concealed Weapons Permit Instructor. I am a member of the Central Carolinas Shooting Club, a member of International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA). I am a United States Marine Corps  veteran, I was the Zoning Officer for the City of Rock Hill, and now I currently work for York County. I teach Concealed Weapons Permit classes on Saturdays and I teach some night classes. Please look at the class dates page to sign up for a class.

Concealed Weapons Permit Class for Rock Hill, Chester, Lancaster, Fort Mill, York, Tega Cay, Lake Wylie, and all of South Carolina. 

Private classes can be held at your location to further protect your privacy. All classes and names will be kept confidential.

I provide everyone with a gun and ammo and a complete class outline which allows everyone to be engaged in the lesson without requiring any note taking. I provide all classroom supplies. I will supply you with the SLED application. After the SLED approved instructional class I will present each student with a class certificate. You send these items to SLED in the self-addressed envelope that will be provided.  Remember only SLED can issue a concealed carry permit to a person.  

You will learn: Gun Safety, Carry Safety, How and when to clean a weapon, Home Safety, Proper Shooting Stance, Sight Alignment and other needed skills. We will spend a lot of our time on gun law. I want to be sure you understand concealed carry law.  

Everything for your CWP class will be provided for you, you just show up.

The gun range fee and the targets are included in the price of the class. We will travel to Pappy's Gun Range for the shooting test. This is a very easy test. I have many first time shooters that pass this test. The main goal at the range is exhibiting excellent gun safety.

A concealed carry permit is assigned to the person not the gun. You can shoot with the pistol of your choice during the test and carry the gun of your choice concealed.

The class cost is $70.00 per person.

Please contact me directly to schedule a private class for your group or to attend one of the regularly scheduled classes.


Tim Walling


This Class is for both beginners and Experts
 Taurus has a recall on some pistols!

Firearms manufacturer Taurus has agreed to a voluntary recall of nearly 1 million pistols as part of the settlement of a lawsuit that alleges nine handgun models had defects, including one that caused some to inadvertently fire when dropped.

"This is not an anti-firearms lawsuit. This is a defective product lawsuit," said Birmingham attorney Todd Wheeles, co-lead counsel representing plaintiffs in the 2013 federal lawsuit. "This hopefully will help save lives by taking defective firearms off the street."

The settlement affects customers who bought the following models sold between 1997 and 2013 in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam:  PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138-Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640; and PT-24/7.
Full article is at:

Private CWP classes are availiable. Class participants names are kept in strict confidence.

Private group Concealed Weapons Permit classes are availiable. I can come to your location if you perfer. Company names and class participants names are kept in strict confidence. 


Contact us at 803-524-2916 to sign up for a class to get your carry permit.
Tim Walling Concealed Weapons Permit Instructor

Contact us at to sign up for a CWP Permit Class

Everyone should obtain their CWP


Owning and shooting a gun is not just for police and the military. Anyone can buy and enjoy shooting guns. Everyone has the right to choose to own a gun to protect themselves and their loved ones.

                                              TO SIGN UP FOR A CLASS CLICK HERE.

Ex-Military and Ex-Police officers    SPECIAL CLASS
You only need the law portion of this class and you only take test Section 1 it is 25 questions. This class will take 2.5 hours. You will not shoot in this class. Check the Class Dates Page for class times; the cost will be $40.00. This is a separate class only for ex-military/police. You must sign up for the ex-military/police class to get the $40.00 price.

The South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit Class has new rules.
SLED has changed the CWP Exam.

SLED has removed the 8 hour training requirement. But instructors must teach their SLED approved lesson plan.
SLED requires a 50 round shooting qualification for a Concealed Weapons Permit.
SLED requires a 50 question written test to obtain a Pistol Carry Permit.
There are 2 written test now.
Each test is 25 questions in length.
The first test is Section 1 Legal Aspect.
The second test is Section 2 Firearms Safety and Operations.
The test is still true and false and multiple choice with a few fill in blanks.
90 % of the questions are the same. There are some changes due to the SC gun law changing on February 11, 2014. You can find the law changes at the bottom of this page.

You will be given a class outline that will include everything you need to be prepared to pass your closed book CWP  test. This outline will follow my PowerPoint presentation. I want you listening not taking notes. Everything I say will be in the outline for the Concealed Weapons Permit Class. You are paying me to teach you to pass your CWP written exam. I have never had anyone fail the written exam.

You will also be given a self addressed envelope to send to SLED to apply for your Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP).

Your gun and ammo will be provided.
You will shoot a Berretta Neos 22Lr hand gun.

Range fees and target cost are included in the Concealed Weapons Permit Class cost.

You only need to hit the target 35 times to pass concealed carry test. All shots in the black count.

Target Provided by Instructor
You will be shooting at a full body target, like the one above. All shots in the black will count as 2 points. You must score 70% out of 50 shoots. 35 hits will pass. You will shoot from 3 yards moving back to 5 yards, 7 yards, 10 yards,12 yards, and finally the 15 yard line for the final 5 shots.

You will be provided with a gun belt and side holster that will fit your pistol for your CWP carry class.
Safety glasses and hearing protection will be provided for your concealed carry class.
                   TO SIGN UP FOR A CLASS CLICK HERE.

You may need a baseball cap at the firing range to get your CWP. We will be live firing for your concealed weapons permit at an outside range.

To get your CWP in South Carolina you must:

Be 21 years old or older to get a SC concealed weapon permit.

You must live in or own land in South Carolina to get a concealed weapons carry permit.

The address on your Drivers License must match your SLED application address to get your CWP License. If your DL address is diffrent from your residence get a new DL.

You must take a SLED approved CWP class, with a shooting and written test to get your CWP.

After the class I will provide you with the CWP instructor/student check list from SLED that we both must sign and you submit this to SLED along with your SLED application that we must both sign to obtain your concealed weapons permit from SLED.

You must send in your application to SLED for your concealed weapon permit.

Only SLED can issue a concealed weapon permit to someone.

We give you the requirements to apply for your CWP permit from SLED.

It must be legal for you to possess a gun in South Carolina for you to take a CWP class and apply for a concealed weapon permit from SLED.

                                                TO SIGN UP FOR A CLASS CLICK HERE.

The CWP class is $75.00 per person. Please pay a $30.00 deposit before your CWP class date. Your payment will ensure you a seat in the concealed carry permit class.
  PAY YOUR $30.00 DEPOSIT NOW USING PayPal Click Below


 To Pay in full for your CWP class click this PayPal link:
 Class cost $75.00

                        TO SIGN UP FOR A CLASS CLICK HERE.

Summary of Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) Law and Process Changes

Effective February 11, 2014

  • Persons with a CWP may carry a concealed weapon into an establishment licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on premise unless:
    • The owner, holder of a lease interest, or operator of a business may prohibit the carrying of concealable weapons into the business by posting a “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” sign in accordance with Section 23-31-235 of the S.C. Code of Laws (to include sign size and proper posting location).
    • The owner, holder of a lease interest, or operator verbally asks anyone known to be carrying a concealed weapon not to carry the weapon; or asks a person carrying a concealed weapon to leave upon learning they are in possession of the weapon.
    • The owner, holder of a lease interest, or operator of the property should notify the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction if there is a patron who is carrying a concealed weapon on property properly posted or refuses to comply with this request.


  • CWP holders who lawfully carry a concealed weapon into an establishment that sells alcohol for on premise consumption may not consume alcohol (failure to comply may result in criminal charges and a five year revocation of a CWP).

  • Concealed Weapon Permits issued after February 11, 2014 will be valid for five years instead of four years.

  • SLED will notify CWP holders at least 30 days prior to permit expiration.

  • CWP holders also may secure the weapon under a seat in a vehicle, or in any open or closed storage compartment within the vehicle’s passenger compartment (Section 16-23-90(9)(a) of the S.C. Code of Laws). There is no change to the laws for those who do not have a CWP.
  • The CWP holder nor anyone else cannot place their gun on the dashboard in plain site.

  • SLED certified CWP instructors will now have the discretion to establish training time limits for CWP applicants. There is no longer an 8-hour minimum training requirement. Some applicants will require more training while others may require less, based on experience and/or training exemptions.

  • CWP instructors must still conduct training pursuant to a SLED-approved lesson plan and administer a written test provided by SLED to all applicants. Applicants who are not exempt from the firearms proficiency portion of training must still satisfy the proof of range training requirement in accordance with Section R73-320(C) of the S.C. Code of Regulations.  

  • Applicants and instructors must also complete the South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit Instructor/Student Checklist, which must be submitted to SLED with the application. CWP instructors will be responsible for keeping copies of these checklists in addition to the other records required for a minimum of four years in accordance with Section R73-320(D)(1) of the S.C. Code of Regulations. It is suggested you keep records for a minimum of five (5) years pursuant to the change in law making permits valid for five years.

  • There is no longer a requirement for instructors to issue a training certificate or for the applicant to submit a training certificate to SLED.

  • CWP instructors must issue and maintain a student number for each class participant, which is to be listed on the application and Instructor/Student Checklist.

The firearm proficiency portion of training no longer applies to the following individuals:

  • Out-of-state retired law enforcement officers or South Carolina retired law enforcement officers whose certification has expired (must submit proof of graduation from a federal or state academy that included firearms training as a graduation requirement).
  • Retired/former military personnel who completed basic military training (must provide DD214).

Note: The above listed individuals must still complete training pertaining to information on the statutory and case law of this State relating to handguns and to the use of deadly force in accordance with Section 23-31-210(a)(i) of the S.C. Code of Laws and successfully pass a written test provided by SLED.

Any questions should be directed to the SLED Office of Regulatory Services at (803) 896-7015.


Our new classroom is located at PAPPY's Gun Range.
We are located 8 minutes or 6 miles from I-77.


Website Builder